MCTE is Missouri's state affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of English. We are a professional organization that maintains a close working relationship with the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Through MCTE’s publications and conferences, English teachers across the state are able to share their professional interests and concerns.
Your membership supports:
To join, please print the flyer, fill out the form and send it, along with a check payable to MATE* (Missouri Association of Teachers of English) to:
- Access to DESE updates
- Publications for Teachers:
- FYI Newsletter
- Missouri Teachers Write
- Missouri Youth Writes
- Writing Contests:
- Access to MCTE Website
- Access to MCTE Discussion Forum
- Professional networking throughout the state
- Recognition of outstanding educators
- Mini-conferences with keynote speakers in Fall and Spring
- Leadership opportunities at Write to Learn, Missouri's statewide language arts conference
Missouri Association of Teachers of English
University of Missouri, Columbia
Columbia, MO 65211
Download MATE Membership Print Form
* We are currently undergoing a name change from MATE to MCTE.
If you have any questions, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.